CKD and HTN

Hypertension - sustained elevation of the systemic blood pressure, can result from or cause kidney disease.

Prolonged HTN damages the walls of arterioles and accelerates the process of atherosclerosis. This damage primarily affects the heart, brain, kidneys, eyes and major blood vessels.

In the kidney, GFR declines and tubular function is affected, resulting in proteinuria and microscopic hematuria.

Uncontrolled or poorly controlled HTN is the second leading cause of CKD.

Management of HTN to maintain the BP w/in an optimal range is vital to prevent kidney damage. When HTN is secondary to kidney disease, adequate BP control can slow the decline in renal function.


LeMone/Burke/Bauldoff 
p.830-831

1 comment

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!